AEV and The Adventure Portal (TAP) would like to invite you to join us for a special day of off-roading on the world famous Golden Spike Trail in Moab, Utah.
- The trail: The Golden Spike Trail is a meandering, primitive Jeep track which crosses over some of Moab’s most spectacular slick-rock country. Along its 22-mile length it offers breathtaking views of notable landmarks such as the La Sal Mountains and the Colorado River. It also offers Jeepers a chance to tackle some of Moab’s most iconic 4WD obstacles including the infamous V-Notch, Launching Pad, Golden Crack and The Wall.
- Date / Location: Wednesday April 12th, 2017 / Moab, Utah
- Degree of Difficulty: The Golden Spike Trail is rated a ‘7’ out of ‘10’ by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers. Be advised that Body damage and roll-overs are a possibility.
- Duration: We will begin the trail at 7:00 a.m. and expect to complete it between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Vehicle Requirements: 1) ’07+ Jeep Wrangler (Must be street-legal); 2) 35-inch or taller tires; 3) Chassis-mounted winching/recovery hooks/loops; 4) Functional spare tire; 5) One locking differential; 6) 2.5” or taller suspension lift; 7) Proof of vehicle registration and insurance.
- The Guide: The AEV-TAP Women’s-Only Moab Tour will be guided by AEV’s Chris Wood. Chris is a professional guide and trainer with over 30-years of 4WD experience.
- Registration: Spaces in the AEV-TAP Women’s-Only Moab Tour will be available to the first 10 eligible guests who reply. To get your name on the roster, please contact Lori Palmer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Considerations: The Golden Spike Trail is isolated, rugged, subject to dramatic changes in weather and offers no restrooms or other services. Though AEV & TAP will provide assistance with driving, vehicle recovery, basic first-aid and basic mechanical repair, guests should come prepared to look after themselves and their vehicles. This includes bringing appropriate outdoor clothing, ample water and food supplies and basic hand-tools, toiletries, first-aid and vehicle supplies. If you have any questions about this, please contact Chris wood at: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
AEV & The Adventure Portal